5 Step Web Process
Concept - YOUR VISION
You should take some time to think about what you wish to accomplish with your new website. Decide if you will need any special functionality or interactivity with your visitors; consider the type of design style which appeals to you and then let us know what you desire.
- Based on the information and requirements you provide us, we will determine your needs, what you are expecting from your website, and try to get a feel for your industry. This is why it is important for you to be as detailed as possible when providing us with you vision. We may have questions for you to help clarify certain issues and we will express those before quoting on your project.
- If we believe that your website development project could benefit from our services and skills, we will quote you on your project.
WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT CONTRACT-
- Once we have come to an agreement on project details, timeline and price, we will prepare a website development contract for you to review, sign and send back with your deposit. (Contracts are not required for projects under $1,000.00.)
INITIAL DEPOSIT -
- The signed contract and 50% deposit is required before we schedule a time slot for your project. The remainder of your balance will be due upon project completion. Once we have received your 50% deposit and signed contract, we will provide you with a copy of the fully executed contract, a receipt for your deposit and your project start date. All projects are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION / WEBSITE HOSTING -
- If needed, we will immediately secure your desired domain name (pending availability) and include the first 2 years of service. The domain is registered in your name with your information and you will be the only registrant contact on file.
GRAPHIC DESIGN PHASE
- Once we receive your deposit and contract (if applicable), We will email you to confirm receipt of your deposit/contract.
- At that time you will need to let us know the following information:
- What navigation links you would like (such as home, about us, services, etc)
- You will need to supply all text and/or product information to be included on your site.
- You may also supply material such as company logo, personal photos, etc, if desired.
- If you have any guide sites you would like us to refer to when designing your site or if you have any preference as to colors, style, etc please offer that information as well.
- E-Commerce sites that require us to enter products for you, we will need you to supply an Excel spread sheet listing the following: Product Name, Unique Product ID Number (if any), Product Description, Options (if any size, color, etc), Price, Approximate Weight, Number in Stock, as well as the product photos named in correspondence with the Product ID Number on the spread sheet.
- Ideally, all of the above information should be supplied prior to us getting started. Any delay in our acquisition of these items may result in a longer than usual delivery date for the final website completion.
CUSTOM DESIGNED WEBSITE CONCEPTS-
- We will provide three possible custom designed home page concepts for your project. In most cases, we will be able to provide these designs within 3-5 business days following your start date.
- After you have reviewed the designs and decided which one you would like to use, we will continue to make modifications to the design until the final desired look is achieved. Once the final desired look is achieved, we will create the interior page layout, convert the design to HTML, add programming, etc.
- During this process, you will have the opportunity to review progress. (See next item.)
IN PROGRESS VIEWING-
- We establish a private directory for your new website on our testing server so that you may view the website development progress at any time. In addition, your project manager will inform you via email when extensive updates to the site have been made so you can review the most recent progress.
PROFESSIONAL STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY-
- All projects include use of professional stock photography images from our current library. If a client requires stock photography which we do not currently possess, an additional fee may apply.
DEVELOPMENT & CODING
PROGRAMMING / CODING-
- All website development programming/coding to run any special features/visitor interactivity on your website is completed and tested.
WEBSITE PAGES -
- Based upon the final design you selected, we create as many static or dynamic pages as needed to complete your site.
WEBSITE NAVIGATION -
- Navigation links or drop down menus, and rollover effects, if desired, are completed.
SITE CONTENT -
- Incorporation of your logo, photos and text content is included in all projects. Custom logo design is available for an additional fee.
CSS STYLE SHEET -
- CSS Style sheets are used to define font faces, styles, sizes and colors in order to maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the site.
SEARCH ENGINE READINESS CHECK -
- Meta Tags, Page Titles, Page Heading, Alt Image Tags, Link Text, and Page Body Text evaluation and adjustment where needed throughout the website. At no time can we guarantee when or where the search engines will place your website within their search results or directory.
BROWSER COMPATIBILITY TESTING -
- Your website is tested on a variety of operating systems and browsers to insure proper display and functionality.
GRAMMAR & SPELL CHECK -
- Before the website is launched, a grammar and spell check is performed to insure there are no mistakes.
LINK CHECK -
- A thorough check for misdirected links and missing files is performed just prior to as well as after the launch of the website.
FORMS / PROGRAMMING -
- If there are any email contact forms and/or programming features included in your project, those additional items are tested to confirm they are functioning as required.
FINAL PAYMENT -
- Final payment is always due before we take the website live on your domain. Upon receipt of final payment, you will be emailed or faxed a final/paid in full receipt.
- All necessary website files and scripts are copied to your domain and databases are setup.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTING-
- After the website is live, any interactive programming and scripts are tested to verify proper function. Since the design and testing phase often occurs on a different server, it is very important to once again verify that everything is working correctly after taking the website live.
WEBSITE FILES -
- After launch and testing of the website, you are provided with a zipped archive of all website files.
INSTRUCTIONS & DOCUMENTATION-
- When necessary, any documentation needed to use the administration functions of your website is included in PDF format.
SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSION-
- Hand submission and automated search engine submission occurs after launching, testing and fixing any issues there may have been.
MINOR ADJUSTMENTS / CHANGES -
- Minor adjustments to the website are included at no charge for up to two weeks after the website has launched (maximum of up to 3 hours labor). Minor changes include adding changing text, adding or changing photos, etc. Any major revision requests will require additional discussion and possibly incur a fee.